With moving into a pretty small apartment with another person who also desperately loves books, I’ve found myself in very serious lack of shelf space, so the library has been a huge help for me being able to read books while also not accumulating so much stuff (and helping us save money so we can buy a house that has more room for our books!). So, when I saw that Bea’s Book Nook and Angel’s Guilty Pleasures were teaming up to do a challenge specifically aimed at reading books from the library, I knew it was the perfect challenge for me this year.
Basically, here are the rules:
- Runs: January 1, 2017 – December 31, 2017. You can join any time.
- Put a sign up post on your blog or (dedicate a Goodreads shelf or LibraryThing) and link it below. Make sure it’s public.
- The goal is to read at least twelve (12) books from the library, but you can read more. While twelve is the minimum, there is no maximum limit. See the different levels below and pick the one that works best for you.
- Any format will work for this challenge (print, ebook, or audio); as long as you checked it out from the library, it counts.
- Books can be any genre (fiction, nonfiction, romance, fantasy, mystery, thriller, horror, etc.).
- Crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed, including re-reads. The goal is to support your local library and save money.
- Write a review – 2 sentences or an essay, whatever works for you, but there is a minimum of 2 sentences. Not sure what to write? How about something like, “The plot was a delight, but the characters didn’t capture me.”
Not too bad, right? And there’s a giveaway involved if you join, so overall, a pretty cool challenge!
The level I’m aiming for is: Overdrive Junkie – Read 36 books.
I would do the highest level (50 books), but I’m trying to be better at balancing real life and reading, so my goal for the year is only 52 and I want to read some of the books I own and haven’t read as well.
I will track my progress here and link to reviews as well. Want to join me? Head over to Bea’s Book Nook and sign up!